Kick Those Nutrients to the Curb and Take Control of Your Aquarium!
These algae turf scrubbers offer a hinged fitted lid and all colored acrylic construction. Professionally constructed spray bar and mesh with ball value on inlet makes it easier to install or place. The scrubber already is designed to naturally block light bleed so you will not need to purchase additional light blockers in order to keep light out of your sump.
We have been producing algae turf scrubbers for nearly a decade with over 10,000 units on the field and used to make custom turf scrubbers for aquariums as large as 3,000 gallons! We are happy to support CoralVue into their venture in taking Algae Scrubbers mainstream. We've been experienced with algae scrubbers and very excited at what this new model offers!
See The IceCap Algae Turf Scrubber In Action!
These IceCap Algae Turf Scrubbers come in three scalable sizes for your aquarium. Small is powered by 20W LEDs, Medium is 60W, and Large is 4 times 60W lights.
You will probably notice that these lights are not the red lights you have seen from competitors. These lights utilize 2700k led lights that have been proven to produce the most algae in the fastest amount of time. 2700K converted to Nanometers is about 659nm (Don't believe us - do the math - ^_^). We can do the conversion here for you if you don't want to do the calculation yourself:
2700K = 4400 Fahrenheit
2,897,768 / 4400 Fahrenheit = 659nm
This is the same NM that some of our competitors state on their scrubbers, but our lights provide more lumens which mean faster and thicker algae growth!
These scrubbers also have built in light blockers (no extra accessories needed!), quick disconnect PVC union fittings for ease of removal of the spray bar. All units come with an emergency backup drain.
CoralVue has really stepped it up with this scrubber model and we are happy to have it available for sale for our customers. It is now the scrubber of choice for our installs.
Algae turf scrubbers have been a remarkable breakthrough in the aquatics industry. They have the ability to provide a complete nitrogen cycle, grow pods for fish, and eliminate nuisance algae from your display tank. They work so well they can replace various reef equipment - media reactors, protein skimmers, phosphate reactors, denitrators, etc. They literally pay for themselves!
Benefits of Using an Algae Turf Scrubber
- Allows you to feed your fish and corals very high amounts without worrying about causing nuisance algae to grow or increase nutrients
- Can replace water changes as ATS can control Phosphates, Nitrates, and nuisances algae. (You will still need to dose for for corals)
- Grows tons of copepods and amphipods
- Increases and stabilizes pH (no more pH drops at night)
- Removes algae from display tank
- Removes Ammonia, Nitrites, and Metals
- Works in Saltwater, Freshwater, and Ponds
IceCap Algae Turf Scrubber Features:
- Horizontal Waterfall design
- The highest quality cell cast acrylic construction
- 2700 White LED IP66 lights on both sides - 100% waterproof!
- 316 stainless steel bolts and nylon nuts - no rusting or degrading
- Easy to remove spray bar collar for easy cleaning
- No Drip easy disconnect pipe
- Algae growth removes Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, and Phosphates
- Works for both freshwater and saltwater tanks!
- No light blockers needed! Scrubber has built in blockers to prevent light bleed to other parts in sump
- Built by CoralVue - one of the leading distributors of high-end saltwater equipment in the USA!
IceCap Algae Turf Scrubber Specs (By CoralVue):
|Model||Dimensions||LEDs||Recommended Flow||Tank Rating|
|AGS-100||8 x 7 x 10in (LxWxH)||2 x 20W||250gph||Up to 80 Gallons|
|AGS-200||16 x 10 x 12in (LxWxH)||2 x 60W||500gph||Up to 225 Gallons|
|AGS-400||24 x 12 x 12in (LxWxH)||4 x 60W||800gph||Up to 350 Gallons|
Eliminate your algae issues and join the filtration revolution today!